Subject: Synopsis of GERMIT.DOC:
From: Gisbert W.Selke +49 228 225888 <[email-masked]>
Date: 9 October 1987, 13:03:58 SET

Ch. 1: very brief story about what it means to do computer communication.
Typical session consists of emulation plus (maybe) file transfer.
Examples used will be MS-Kermit 2.30 and Modcomp Kermiv.
(Nothing about communication pitfalls - very informal setting.)
Ch. 2.1: A typical kermit emulation session
Ch. 2.2: text file transfer
Ch. 2.3: binary file transfer by pre-processing (boo-ing). Is necessary for
         Kermiv.
Ch. 3.1: important Kermiv commands (to be replaced at each site with a command
         summary of their own)
Ch. 3.2: the most important MS-Kermit commands for an ordinary user, assuming
         that some caring systems person has done the general set-up for
         ordinary tasks. Reference to .INI and take files.
App. 1:  sample key definitions as used at our site (as seen from the user)
App. 2:  description of useful .bat and .scr files (Modcomp specific, of
         course; but since Modcomp isn't too friendly, it shouldn't be too
         difficult to adapt.):  one-line file sender, one-line file receiver,
         logon script, brief description of binary file preprocessing.
App. 3:  sample MSKERMIT.INI for German users
App. 4:  listings of .bat and .scr files as referred to in App. 2.

Feedback welcome.

\Gisbert